“Adventure is novel experiences, things that I have never done before, and finding the novelty in the seemingly mundane.” -Troy Erstling
On today’s episode of the Art of Adventure podcast, I have with me an amazing, creative, and talented guest. I mean, seriously, you’re going to end this episode asking yourself: what can this guy not do?
Troy Erstling is the founder of Brain Gain, which connects top international talent to jobs around the world. Troy is a serial traveler and has been going around the world for the past eight years. He believes in happiness, creativity, and self-growth through travel. Before launching Brain Gain, Troy spent his time researching startups and entrepreneurship.
As if being busy with Brain Gain and traveling isn’t enough, Troy also does freestyle beatbox poetry. On this episode, Troy gives us a sample of his talent and creativity by doing freestyle poetry!
What you will learn on this episode:
- How to earn money while experiencing the world
- The importance of following your passion and unleashing your creativity
- The benefits of travel to your growth as a professional and, generally, as a person
- Why he chose to nurture the startup ecosystem in Southeast Asia
- His experiences before founding BrainGain.co
- What is freestyle poetry and how Troy does it
Continue the Adventure (Resources from this episode):
You might also like these episodes:
AOA 107 | Danny Flood | Creating An Open World
AOA 127 | Jonny Freesh | Adventurous Music Videos
AOA 042 | Cal Newport | Be So Good They Can’t Ignore You
AOA 121 | Cal Newport | Deep Work – Eliminate Cognitive Junk Food
AOA 113 | Jenny Blake | The Pivot Method For Career Change