Do you want the magical ability to talk your way into whatever you want in life? What would life be like if people were excited to say YES to getting behind all your greatest ideas?
Legend has is that if you kiss the ‘Stone of Eloquence’, otherwise known as the ‘Blarney Stone’ at Blarney Castle in Ireland that you will forever be able to talk your way into anything. Ten years ago I kissed the stone and have since been able to talk my way into getting whatever I want in life…
Save yourself a trip to Ireland (or go anyway) with this episode. I’ll take you inside the process I have used to get free luxury travel, talk my way into graduate school, bypassed the application process for every job I’ve ever had, lowered my rent, had massive parties thrown for me and loads more!
This episode will cover my networking secrets, tools of persuasion, understanding your customer, building a platform, email testing, and getting comfortable asking for what you want!
Challenges from this episode
- Ask for three things that you normally never would – get used to asking and be comfortable with getting a no
- Learn the stakes of your targetÂ (keeping you as a happy customer, getting the right person for the job, feeling good about themselves, etc)
- Practice negotiating a better price on your rent, bill, salary, etc.
- Perfect your ability to get people to respond to your emails – in three sentences tell :who you are, how they fit in and what you know about them, and your request. Testing different email headlines for response rates.
- Move from email to phone or in person conversations
Books from this episode:
This podcast is supported by listeners like you!Â Become a patron of the Art of Adventure on Patreon
You might also like these episodes:
AOA 087 | Stephanie Burns | Unreasonable Requests
How To Talk Your Way Into Grad School
AOA 114 | Be Your Own Hero
AOA 059 | Millionaire Mindset: Habits For A Rich Life