It’s been two years since I live somewhere else besides Bali. For most of the life of the Art of Adventure podcast, we have recorded from Bali. Now I’m back in the states for a few months before the next move. I learned a ton from my time in Bali, and I’d like to share some stories with you that represent my experience there.
I like to think of the town where I lived, Ubud like a small liberal arts college. Everyday You see your friends at restaurants or at yoga or at the coworking spaces. There are all kinds of things to learn and groups to join and community activities. It’s also somewhat different than the “real world”, because everything is cheap and easy(ish) and everyone is loving and peaceful.
I hope you’ll join me when I head back to Bali this September for AdventureQuest!
Stories in this episode:
- Getting Bit by a rabid dog
- Getting a flesh eating fungus from not having air conditioning during rainy season
- Finding secret waterfalls, canyons, and mountains
- Setting a world record climbing three volcanoes
- Starting the Ultimate Frisbee Game
- Voice lessons
- Learning to dance
- Coworking and speaking
- Lots of big parties – including my birthday party and new years party for charity
- Getting a free tattoo – tattoo taco tuesdays
- Seeing the cremation of the King of Bali and ceremonies in general
- Meeting Les Leventhal and doing yoga
- Scuba diving the shipwreck and the sea cliff
- Improv comedy – being a paid comedian
- Talking to a magic tree
- Learning to surf
- Learning all kinds of yoga/hippie stuff like breathwork, cacao ceremonies, and kirtan singing
- Meeting the most beautiful women
- Meeting Heidi and becoming a future father
This podcast is supported by listeners like you!Â Become a patron of the Art of Adventure on Patreon
You might also like these episodes:
AOA 135 | What Is The Best Question To Ask On A Road Trip?
AOA 114 | Be Your Own Hero
AOA 059 | Millionaire Mindset: Habits For A Rich Life
On The Road with Chris Guillebeau